How To Secure Your Facebook Account From Hackers – Your Facebook account and personal profile speaks for you online and it will be so bad when a hacker sneaks into the account and carry out malicious acts on it without your consent. This may even go as far as tarnishing your image. That is why I have decided to write down a few measures or tips you can take to secure your Facebook account. They are very helpful tips so take them very seriously.
Very many persons over the years have fallen victim of Facebook account hack. This issue has become more threatening as the day goes by. At the moment peoples accounts are being intruded. This is possibly because they lack knowledge on how to make sure their account is highly protected.
Getting to this platform then will be very helpful to you as you will get to learn step by step tips on how to secure your account. One thing also is to read the steps and the other is to make sure you execute what you have read. So do well to run the account security measures here on your FB account.
In case you don’t know Facebook accounts that are hacked these days are used for scam activities. The scammers tend to pose as you to take hard earned money of your friends. As if that’s not enough, all the conversations and activities you carried out earlier with your Facebook account may be lost once you lose your account to these hackers. Now if you really do not want to fall victim of this very circumstance, kindly read through the step by step tips below to grasp what you have to do to secure your Facebook account from hackers.
Hints To Secure Your Facebook Account From Hackers
- Set A Strong Password For Yourself: Password which is the major access criteria to your account must be very strong. The stronger it is, the harder it will be to guess by another person. So while creating your FB account use very strong password combination. Make sure you combine both Upper class and Lower class letters and also numbers or symbols together. Things of such are so hard to get. Furthermore, you must not make the mistake of using things like your nickname, birth date, etc as your password as they are so easy to guess.
- Do Not Share Your Password Anywhere Or Log In Your Account On Public Devices: Very many persons fall victim of FB account hack because of the fact that they share their password with people. You must understand that your password is a piece of personal and confidential information. On no occasion should it be shared with anyone regardless of who the person is to you. More also the act of logging in or accessing your account with public devices should be discouraged. This may prompt your account from being hacked. This happens mostly when you don’t log out when you are through with what you did earlier. But in cases of you logging in because of pressing issues that needs attention, make sure you log out properly and review where the account has been logged in earlier.
More Info On How To Secure Your Facebook Account From Hackers
- Attach An Email And Phone Number To Your Account: The media with which Facebook contacts and send notification to every Facebook user is through the phone number or Email that one adds to every account created. It is of great necessity you add your number or Email when creating a Facebook account to confirm your account. With this now, Facebook can always send you notification when they notice any malicious or unusual activity going on in your account.
- Activate The Two-Factor Authentication Code: Trust me, very many FB users don’t really know about this. You should be glad you are getting to read it then. Facebook doesn’t allow anyone to log in to your account without getting a code from FB. Facebook sends a code to the number that is attached to your account. This is also another reason you really do have to attach a number to your account. This very Facebook feature that facilitates account security is so superb as it really makes your account so hard to be hacked.
- Finally, Reset Your Password From Time To Time: It is also necessary you reset your password from time to time. This makes your account also too hard for any hacker to get. This is because you always keep them thinking about what your account password will possibly be. To every password you set for your FB account though. Be smart enough to remember so as not to be denied access to your account. But in case of forgotten password, you can still retrieve your account though.
Understanding these security tips will really do you good trust me. Note that if before you got to read this very content, it appears that you fell victim of your account been hacked before now. It is advisable then that you consult the Facebook help center and properly lay complaints of your account been hacked.