Video files come in various sizes and most times they could be very large and can take up a lot of space on your phone. Other times the file size can be very large causing issues when you try to upload or host it. To avoid any of this from happening, you should know how to reduce video sizes on android.
It is also advisable that if you are not a professional that really needs the highest video resolution possible, it’s better to always reduce video sizes on android to create more storage space for other files. This is because when you reduce video sizes on android, you also reduce bandwidth usage and uploading time. Let’s delve into how you can reduce video sizes on android.
Use Camera Settings
You can reduce video sizes on android via camera settings but not with your phone’s normal camera. You have to download Camera MX and use it to record your videos on android. Once you set it following these steps, it automatically reduces your video sizes.
- Download and launch Camera MX
- Tap on the three dots at the top right corner
- Select the settings icon
- Enable Alternative Resolution
- Reduce video resolution to Bitrate
Use of Apps
You can reduce video sizes with the use of mobile apps too. One app that is famous is video compress. To use video compress to reduce video sizes on android easily, follow these easy steps;
- Download and install video compress on your smartphone
- Launch the app and open the folder containing the video you wish to reduce
- Find and select the video
- Tap on compress video
- Choose a new resolution and size for your video at the top screen
- The video compressing will start
- Once the compressing process is completed, play your new video
How to Reduce File Size Without Losing Quality in Android
When you reduce video sizes on android, it usually speeds up your video creation and editing process as you don’t need to work with large video files that consume lots of space and time. But then, how do you reduce the file size without losing the quality?
There are two reliable ways to reduce video size without losing the quality in android. The first way is to make your video shorter. If you can trim footage off at the beginning or end, that will reduce the size of the file.
The second way you can reduce file size without losing quality in android is by removing audio from your video. Most videos will probably come with audio and background music, but sometimes, It’s unnecessary and can be removed. This will decrease the file size. Not forgetting you can do this too on the video compress app. Follow these easy steps to do so:
- Launch video compress and open the folder containing the video you wish to reduce
- Find and select the video
- Tap on Trim Video
- Trim your video
- When done select Trim video
- And your video size will be reduced
How to Compress a Video for Email on Android
It can be tricky to get videos from one place to another. You can make video files easier to handle by compressing them, as already stated this will reduce their file size and make them compact enough to send via email. So, to reduce video sizes on android, you will need a Video Converter. It comes in both free and premium versions. The free Lite version can help you compress the video manually. To use it;
- Download and launch the Video Converter
- Tap on the video converter
- Select the video you wish to reduce
- Tap on the purple arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen
- Select MPEG
- Click the right button and your video will be converted
How To Reduce Video Sizes Online
To reduce the size of videos online, you will need to use an online video compressor where you do not have to download or install on your mobile phone. One of the best online compressors is clideo.com. To use it, follow these easy steps;
- visit https://clideo.com
- Tap on choose file to upload the video
- Wait for a few seconds let it compress and reduce the size of the video
- Watch the preview to ascertain if everything is okay
- If it’s not, you can continue editing
- Download the edited video back to your android
Best Video Compressor Apps for Android
Apart from the ones we spoke about earlier, there are other good free video compressor apps that can be used to reduce video sizes on android. A couple of them are;
- Video & Movies Compressor
It’s a famous and useful video compressor that supports almost all popular file formats. It’s designed in such a way that you don’t have to switch to another compression app to achieve the task. An interesting fact about it is that it allows you to share compressed video files directly with your friends & family without losing the original quality.
- Video Dieter
This one allows you to compress your full-length video to a smaller size. You can set the desired video quality as output using its lucrative interface. Video Dieter allows you to add your favorite music to your video too.
- Video Compressor by Sunshine
This is one of the best video compressors for android as it allows you to save multiple videos. It can compress large videos faster and saves up 90% of a phone’s memory space. You can save your videos in full HD, or in any other form in the compression settings. This app allows you to play the videos within the app and share them instantly.
Read More >>>> How To Change Date Settings In WhatsApp