How to Login to Google Classroom – The pandemic has changed how almost everything works including education and school life. There are almost no reports of physical classes around the world and even the ones that hold are still supported with online classes.
This has made us realize that the future might be closer than we think. Everything is moving online including education. With tools like Google Classroom, Online learning has never been better.
What is Google Classroom?
Google Classroom is an online classroom developed by Google with all the necessary features teachers can use to impact learning on their students. Teachers can engage students by posting questions or topics that require discussions, give and grade assignments, attach materials from Google drive, and so on.
Depending on why you are using Google Classroom, you can sign in via a School account, Personal Google account, or Workspace account. The school account usually has the @schoolname.edu. Personal accounts are just like the usual email address while the Workspace account looks like @organizationname.com.
Login to Google Classroom
- Open a web browser on your device, Chrome preferably, and type in the URL classroom.google.com.
- On the webpage, tap on “Go to Classroom”.
- Enter the email address for the Classroom account and hit on “Next”.
- Next, fill in the password.
- A welcome message appears, hit on the “Accept” button below it.
- Lastly, click on the “Get Started” button to begin.
This is where it gets a little bit complicated. If you are using a school account or accessing Google classroom via an Education account, you would have to specify whether you are a student or a teacher.
If you are a student, you will be prompted to enter the classroom code which the teacher should have informed you about before you attempt to sign in. This code will allow all the students in the code-specified class to be able to sign in to the google classroom.
Login to Google Classroom – Teachers with Google Workspace For Education Account
It’s the same process as enlisted above to sign in to your Google classroom as a teacher unless you are the one creating the class.
- Go to the URL, classroom.google.com on a web browser, preferably Chrome.
- On the webpage, look to the top and tap on the “Add” > “Create Class”.
- Enter the class’s name and tap on “Section” to fill in specific details like class time, description, and so on about the class. Then proceed to fill in all other required details about the class.
- Click on “Create” to finish up while Google Classroom generates a code that you will pass on to your students. The students will use the code to join your class.