Snapchat is the most popular social media chatting app with more fun features in the app. You can see various confusing features available on Snapchat. Talking about the Snapchat feature is just not enough in a single article, so today, we will focus on the topic ‘lenses and filters.’
If you don’t know, filters and lenses that we use on Snapchat are10 just a designed overlay, or we can call it an effect. You can add effect while taking a snap, which makes your snaps look amazing.
Description of Filters and lenses
Lenses and Filters on Snapchat are not a unique feature, in today’s date, we can see a different messaging app where we can use filters (for example- Instagram and Facebook Messenger) and even we can find many apps where we can create a video using different lense and filters in real-time, but it doesn’t work as messaging app. Still, you get a share button on those apps.
Snapchat allows its user to add lenses and filters in real-time while taking a snap and just one tap to send it to your friend or to add in your Snapchat story. Likewise, you can find various cool lenses and filters on Snapchat, which you can apply in your snap.
But let me clear you one thing that Snapchat filters and lenses keep updating. Sometimes you see some filters are just available for 3-4 days. After the update in filters, the old filters disappear from the primary filter, and you think there is no way to access those filters. And you are wrong!
How to Get Old Filters and Lenses Back 2021?
Don’t worry, even if you have lost your old filters and lenses, we will help you out to find out your old filters back. But before getting your old filters, you should enable the filter feature in your Snapchat account.
After you have enabled your filters and lense, follow the steps mentioned below to get your old filters back.
- Open the Snapchat app on your device (Android or iPhone).
- If asked, log in to your Snapchat account.
- After you get logged into your account, you will see the Snapchat camera as default.
- Now, place your face in front of the camera and a long tap on your face.
- After the Snapchat function detects your face, you will see filters and lenses appear at the bottom of your screen.
- Now, slide on the right side and use one lens.
- After you select lense, you will see the ‘i in a circle‘ icon just below your Bitmoji and search.
- Click ‘i in a circle icon. Now you will see the name of the lense and some options.
- After that, click on the More Lenses.
- And you will see all filters and lenses, under the section ( For You, Trending, Face, World, and Music).
- Now, if you know the name of your old filters or lenses then, you can search the name in the search box
- But if you don’t know the name of the filter or lenses, then you have to scroll down and search for the filters manually.
Change Date of Your Device
Do you remember the date when you used that filter? – If you remember the time when you used it last, then we may help you out to find out your old filters and lenses back.
- Go to the Settings of your device.
- Either, tap Additional settings Or,
- Search Date & Time in the search box.
- Tap Date and Time after you find it.
- Now, click on the Toggle button, Turn off ‘Automatic date & Time.’
- And tap Set date.
- Now, set the date. Date when you used the old filter.
- Make sure you set the correct date, and click Ok.
- Now, after you change the date of your device, make sure you reset your device once.
- Now, open the Snapchat app on your device.
- You will see the Snapchat camera as default.
- After that, place your face in front of the Snapchat camera and keep pressing your face on your device screen, until it detects your face.
- After your face is detected, you will see old filters and lenses.
- Now you can use your favorite old filter or lense and have fun.
How to Get All Snapchat Filters and Lenses
From 2019, we can see that Snapchat has been updating its app and features gradually. Before 2018, there was no collection of filters and lense, but now you will see the collection of filters and lense where you can get new, trending, and many more filters and lense.
To access filters and lense lists, follow the steps mentioned below
- Open the Snapchat app on your device.
- After you open the Snapchat app, you will see the Snapchat camera as default.
- Now place your face in front of your device camera.
- After that long tap, your face on your device screen until Snapchat detects your face.
- After detecting your face, you will see different filters and lenses that appeared at the bottom of your device screen.
- Now slide right to pick filter and lens, choose any filter or lens.
- Now, either you swipe up to see all new filters and lenses Or,
- Click the ‘i in a circle‘ icon just below your Bitmoji and search icon.
- Now, you will see the name of the lens and some options.
- After that, click on the More Lenses.
- That’s it! Now you will see all the lists of filters and lenses.
- You can also choose filters and lenses from the top navigation bar according to the category.
- Now, scroll down and choose any filter or lens you want to use and have fun.
Read More >>>> How to Use Quick Note in macOS Monterey on Mac