Facebook Account Hacked – As the number of sign-ups for Facebook social networking media is on the increase, the activities of hackers are also becoming much also. These hackers currently aren’t in for just Facebook accounts, they go further to hack individuals accounts on different online platforms like Gmail, Twitter, Instagram, and other social networking platforms.
For the cause of this content, I want to expose you to the risk of one’s Facebook account being hacked and what you must do to prevent your account from being hacked. Furthermore, I am also going to give you helpful tips on what you have to do immediately you realize any form of malicious activity on your account by a hacker.
Risks Of One’s Facebook Account Being Hacked
Once your FB account is hacked. For clarity, once your FB account is accessed by an individual without your consent, forms of malicious activities like online scam, defrauding friends in your name, etc are bound to occur. These acts tarnish your image and personality being the original owner of the Facebook account. On the other hand, you are bound to lose your personal informations as they are now disclosed to an unknown person. These are the risks attached to one’s FB account from being hacked. To this effect, it is advised that one becomes extra careful so as not to fall victim of this Facebook account hack.
How To Secure Facebook Account From Being Hacked
If you really do wish to secure your FB account and make sure that no hacker intrudes into your account, then you must take the points listed below various. See what you must do to secure your FB account:
- Make sure your Facebook password is never shared with any person at any point in time
- Use very strong password that no one can easily guess
- Do not log in your account to any public device
- Activate two-factor authentication code
- You must make sure you at least reset your Facebook password from time to time mostly at any point you get notifications of unauthorized access to your account.
How To Recover Hacked FB Account
It may be slightly stressful for one to recovery a hacked FB account most especially when one realizes lately and some changes have been made on the account to finally make the original owner of the account lose access to it. In as much as it may seem slightly difficult, some measures too can be taken to get the account back. At any instance of FB account hack, once the original owner of the account realizes any form of changes on the account, the first thing to do so as to allow the intruder to lose access to your account is to make changes on the account password immediately. Most cases, you find out that you’ve lost access to the account entirely though as you can’t even log in nor make changes in your password. At this point, see what you must do below:
- Click here to visit the FB account compromised page. Immediately the page loads, click on my account has been compromised link on the page
- You are requested to provide the email address or phone number used in opening your account. Either of them goes.
- Next is to click on search
- Input your FB password then or any password used earlier on your account and click on continue
- Here FB displays to you reasons why you think your FB account has been hacked. All you have to do is to select one from the different options and click on continue
- You can now change your password as instructed by Facebook. You also have to confirm that the account changes made on our account.
- Finally, click on Get started
To every Facebook user, it is advisable you take the guides stated here to secure your FB account always. But if there be the case of account hack. Follow the guide above to make sure you gain access to your FB account again.